Data Protection Policy
Capital College UK will protect all personal information you provide to us in trust. Data collected about you will be treated in confidence in accordance with our Data Protection Policy which fully complies with the Data Protection Act of 1998. We will only use your information for dealing with the administration of your studies and related statistical analysis only.
Breach of Confidentiality
It is an offence under the Data Protection Act of 1998 to use your personal information for any other purpose(s) than that expressed at the time you provided the information. It is also an offence to pass on your data or information to third parties without your willful and expressed consent.
If you experience or reasonably suspect any breach of confidentiality relating to your records with us, please report this to an administrator or the Quality Control Officer immediately and we will act promptly to investigate the situation as we take such issues very seriously.
The Data Protection Act states your seven rights as: Right of subject access. Upon making a written request and paying a fee (£10), individuals are entitled to be told whether the data controller or someone on their behalf, holds personal data about them and if so to be given:
- A description of the personal data – The purpose for which it is being processed
- Those to whom it may be disclosed. Right to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress. Right to prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing. Rights in relation to automated decision-making
- No decision is taken against an individual by purely automated means. The individual has 21 days to require the data controller to re-consider the decision or take the decision on a different basis.
- Right to take action for compensation for damages caused by the data controller.
- Right to take action to rectify, block, erase, or destroy personal data
- by application by an individual to the Courts.
- Right to request that the Commissioner assess whether any contravention of the Act has occurred.
Obtaining Your Details
You will receive a copy of information we hold about you if you apply for this in writing. A fee of £10 is payable for providing this information.